Monday 19 January 2009

work in progress






Hi Rachel,

I've been working with some of your Oxford objects and images. The police cordon and polystyrene. I was thinking of the cordon as a boundary and the sheep also being made to move to a different kind of bounded area. I painted them to work together, but the image of them together will photograph better in day light.

Also I spent ages last week, thinking what to do with this Catholic magazine I found by La Chapelle. Its got lots of images from Giotto's paintings in Assisi. So difficult to work with such a complete and famous painting. Then I started thinking about how this reproduction now exists in my collection of objects along with hub caps, abandoned shoes etc. So I focused on the context I found it in and used an image from a metal gate around a building site.

S

No comments: